October 4, 2013 by thehealthyheartcenter
- Have the whole family rake leaves, and have fun watching your kids (or you) jumping into them!
- Go on a hike! The cool fall air is perfect for an afternoon hike in a nearby park or explore around your neighborhood.
- Go to pick out your pumpkins and get ready to carve! You can also pick out an extra to make pumpkin bread or cookies with (see last week’s blog posts for a healthy pumpkin recipe) and/or roast the leftover pumpkin seeds.
- Participate in a corn maze! Many festivals in the fall have corn mazes that can be fun for both parents and kids.
- Have a picnic! Whether it is in your yard, or in a nearby field or park, it is a great way to enjoy the crisp fall air while enjoying a thermos of soup or hot chocolate with your family. Bring a ball and gloves to play catch too!