April 24, 2013 by thehealthyheartcenter
Has your toddler refused to eat anything other than macaroni and cheese for the past week? Your child’s nutrition is very important and below are some tips to make sure they grow up healthy and strong!
- Stick to a routine– meals and snack should be served at the same time daily. Offer your child water between meals and snacks, juice or milk may fill them up and decrease their appetite.
- Respect their appetite– if your child really isn’t hungry, don’t force it. Remember a child will eat a smaller portion than an adult.
- Make it fun– add dipping sauces to vegetables, cut food in fun shapes, serve a rainbow of food at each meal, or serve meals on your child’s favorite plate.
- Eat at the table– your child will be more focused on mealtime and less distracted by the TV or toys.
- Introduce items in a familiar way– add blueberries to pancakes, fruit to cereal, and vegetables to pasta or rice.