February 20, 2013 by thehealthyheartcenter
1. FLOURIDE: Most water contains added fluoride, which is beneficial to your child’s oral health. Fluoride strengthens the surface of their teeth and helps prevent cavities. There is not always fluoride in bottled water so children need some tap water throughout the day.
2. LESS SUGAR: Water replaces children’s consumption of sugary beverages.
3. HYDRATION: If a child is dehydrated they can lack the energy to be physically active.
4. BALANCE: Your body is 60% water therefore it is extremely necessary for digestion, absorption, circulation, transportation, maintenance of body temperature and the creation of saliva.
5. KEEPING REGULAR: Water is important to avoid constipation.