November 27, 2012 by thehealthyheartcenter
When it’s cold outside and dark by the time dinner rolls around, often times, nothing sounds better than soup. If you do not plan on making it from scratch, read on!
The primary concern when it comes to soup is the other “s” word – that being sodium, also known as salt.
IF you want to serve your family a quick meal and have to resort to a pre-packaged/pre-prepared soup, try these at your dinner table:
1. Healthy Valley Organic No Salt Added
2. Tabatchnick Low Sodium
3. Trader Joe’s Organic Low Sodium
4. Tabatchnick – Cabbage or Wilderness Wild Rice
5. Imagine Organic Light in Sodium Creamy
6. Pacific Organic Light Sodium Creamy Butternut Squash
7. Amy’s Organic Light in Sodium – Butternut Squash, Lentil, or Minestrone
8. Dr. McDougall’s Organic Lower Sodium
All of these soups have no more than 300 milligrams of sodium per serving!
Reference: Nutrition Action Healthletter, December 2012.