October 29, 2012 by thehealthyheartcenter
With Hurricane Sandy affecting the majority of the East Coast and part of the Midwest your children may be cooped up in the house for the next few days. Here are some ways to stop them from getting stir crazy!
- The floor is lava: place pillows on the floor around the room to create an obstacle course. Have them hop from pillow to pillow without touching the ground.
- Musical chairs: place chairs in a circle, back to back. The number of chairs should be one less than the number of children playing. Have children walk/hop/skip around the chairs while music is playing. Once music stops the children must find a seat. Last one standing is out. Remove a chair and repeat the game!
- Freeze dance: have children dance anyway they’d like, while music is playing. Stop the music at random points and children have to FREEZE!
- Hopscotch: Create a hopscotch board with masking tape on the carpet.
- Balloons: blow up a few balloons and give them to your children. Have them hit them with anything but their hands to keep them from hitting the ground!
Hope everyone is safe and with power during the next few days!!